The zipper is often seen in our life. Such as backpacks, clothing, and tents. There are many kinds of zippers, plastic, and metal. There are many possible problems with zippers when we use them. Many people abandon the whole product because of zipper problems. In fact, here are a few tips to solve your problem.
So how long can a good tent last? If you use it properly, maintain it properly and keep it properly, it can accompany you for many years. In this article, Jasmin will introduce the use, care, and maintenance skills of tent zippers.
How did the zipper break?
- When we use the tent at ordinary times, we should pay attention to the cleaning of the tent. If your zipper has a lot of ash, it will be difficult for you to slide the tent. So when we clean the tent, we should also check whether there is dirt at the zipper.
- Because some tent zippers are made of metal. It is necessary for us to dry the tent. The zipper may corrode due to the humid environment. The corroded zipper is easy to get stuck on the fabric of the tent.
- We should pay attention to whether there are missing teeth on the zipper of the tent, and whether the zipper slide is crooked.
How can you slide the tent zipper?
- Don’t drag the zipper. Dragging may cause permanent damage to the zipper. After using the tent, we should clean the tent in time and carefully check whether there is dirt at the zipper.
- We can regularly clean the zipper of our beloved tent with a toothbrush and soap.
- When the metal zipper is stuck by the cloth, you can clamp the cloth with pliers and slowly pull it out from the lower end of the zipper.
- Many tent manufacturers recommend using special zipper lubricants to deal with jammed zippers, but these products are not much better than simple lubricants. (you can look for it at home. You should find something that can reduce friction between pulling teeth and pulling heads. Soap, lip balm, or even glass clear. Detergent – as long as it can lubricate)
- Before using lubricant, we should find a piece of cloth in an inconspicuous place for a local test to see if there is any fading reaction.
- If the zipper can’t be repaired well, I suggest you buy a package of zipper replacement suits. With this suit, you can easily change the zipper at home. If the problem still exists after many attempts, it is recommended that you take the tent to the tailor’s shop and ask the master to repair or replace the zipper.
- The zipper structure determines that most of the above repair methods are more suitable for metal zippers than plastic zippers.
If you have ever struggled with a stuck zipper, you should know what it feels like to be angry and helpless. If the zipper is broken, it will be difficult for us to use the tent. Dragging may cause permanent damage to the zipper. Fortunately, the small parts on the zipper are easy to repair, and some common household products can solve the problem. The next time the zipper gets stuck and can’t move, you can easily solve the problem by finding a pair of tweezers, a candle, or anything that can act as a lubricant. Finally, I hope you can know more about how to maintain your tent after reading my article. At the same time, I also hope my suggestions can be helpful to your problems.
|How to protect zippers when Setting up pyramid tents?